If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best supplements for leaky gut is then I’d recommend Phillips’ Colon Health Daily Probiotic as the best one.
Are you someone who suffers from a sensitive digestive system? If so, you may have what’s known as leaky gut syndrome. According to WebMD, leaky gut syndrome is a broad term that includes symptoms such as bloating, cramps, gas, food sensitivities, aches, and pains.
Gastroenterologist Donald Kirby said in the article, “Physicians don’t know enough about the gut….leaky gut means you’ve got a diagnosis that still needs to be made.” However, if you’re like me, you probably seek immediate relief from your problems. That’s why I created this list of the best supplements for leaky gut syndrome.
Table of Contents
What is Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Leaky gut syndrome is a broad-encompassing medical diagnosis. Leaky gut tends to refer to anything that occurs in the digestive tract. The digestive tract is where your body breaks down foods and absorbs nutrients.
Leaky gut syndrome can refer to anything from bloating to general discomfort that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract.
Supplements that Help Cure Leaky Gut Syndrome
Because leaky gut syndrome isn’t a black-and-white condition, finding a medication to cure the issue can be challenging. However, many people, myself included, have found relief using natural supplements. The five best supplements for leaky gut syndrome are:
- Digestive enzymes
- Apple cider vinegar
Probiotics and digestive enzymes are useful because they deliver healthy bacteria to your gut. These bacteria can help break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, easing any leaky gut symptoms that you may experience.
Apple cider vinegar is a product that’s gained popularity over the past few years. The supplement offers many benefits, including aiding in digestive health. It does so by raising pH levels in the stomach, causing the pancreas to excrete more digestive enzymes.
Magnesium is useful for leaky guts because it relaxes the muscles in the digestive tract, which helps make digestion more natural, helping to advance stools. Finally, collagen helps with leaky gut syndrome because it helps reduce gut inflammation. It can also help regulate acid secretion in the stomach and heal ulcers.
The Five Best Supplements for Leaky Gut
If you have any digestive discomfort, tying one of these supplements could help. Below, you’ll find my list of the five best supplements for leaky gut syndrome.
If you suffer from leaky gut, one of the essentials that you need most is a quality probiotic. Phillips’ Colon Health Daily Probiotic features four-in-one symptom defense to help treat the full range of symptoms associated with a leaky gut.
This affordable supplement help cures bloating, gas, constipation, ad diarrhea. IT contains three specific types of probiotics
- Lactobacillus gasseri KS 13
- Bifidobacterium bifidum G9-1
- Bifidobacterium longum MM 2
One box contains 60 pills, which should last you at least one month.
- Four-in-one symptom relief
- Guarantees 1.5 billion CFUs at the time of expiration
- Manufactured by a reputable company
- Does not contain GMOs, gluten, soy, or dairy
- You can take this at the same time as laxative products
- May take a while to start working
- Some customers found this supplement too expensive
- May not work well for everyone
Another one of the best supplements for leaky gut is Zenwise Health’s Digestive Enzymes. This product comes in a 90-count container, which could last for up to three months.
This supplement contains natural enzymes, prebiotics, and probiotics for all-encompassing digestive health and relief from leaky gut syndrome. Included are also natural supplements to help relieve bloating, gas, and discomfort. Supplements include ginger, turmeric, green papaya, apple pectin, inulin, fennel, and wakame.
I also liked that both men and women can use this supplement. Any member of your family suffering from leaky gut syndrome will want to consider giving this supplement a try.
- Contains natural enzymes
- Designed to help with general stomach discomfort
- Contains prebiotics and probiotics as well
- Easy for the whole family to use
- Great value
- The pills are not vegetarian
- Some customers said the pills had the opposite effect on their gut
- May not target your problem specifically
Apple cider vinegar is another one of the best supplements for leaky gut, but the thought of downing the liquid version may be disgusting. Instead of forcing the bitter liquid down, try instead to use these Pure Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies from WellPath.
WellPath sells these gummies with 60 capsules in the container. The gummies are entirely non-GMO, gluten-free, and gelatin free. WellPath’s facilities are FDA-registered. These gummies are intended to aid with healthy digestion and immune support.
- Makes taking apple cider vinegar much more tolerable
- Easy to consume
- The brand has recommendations from publications like the New York Times and Men’s Fitness
- Helps cleanse the colon
- ludeIdea for use in both men and women
- High in sugar
- Contains cane sugar, corn syrup, and maple syrup
- You must chew the gummies instead of being able to swallow them
Those suffering from leaky gut will also want to add a magnesium supplement. I recommend the Premium Magnesium Complex from Nobi Nutrition. Each vegetarian capsule contains 500 mg of magnesium without any added binders or preservatives.
Nobi crafted this supplement to help with healthy digestion and enzyme functions. However, it is also useful for everything from muscle and bone health to restful and restorative sleep. Nobi formulated the product so that it has a high absorption rate. This high-quality magnesium supplement contains both magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate.
- Manufactured in FDA-approved facility
- Vegan, non-GMO formula
- High doses of magnesium
- Can help treat a wide range of symptoms
- 100 percent moneyback guarantee
- Treatments may be too high for some individuals
- A few customers said that the product caused cramping
- Magnesium oxide may cause constipation
The last supplement on our list worth considering is Super Collagen + C from NeoCell. This product provides a total of 6,600 mg of collagen per serving. The product delivers both Type 1 and Type 3 collagen.
NeoCell manufacturers this product using an advanced hydrolyzation process. This process breaks large collagen molecules down into smaller peptides so that your body absorbs them more easily in your digestive system.
- Incredible value
- Also helps with skin hydration and overall health
- Contains amino acids like glycine
- 6,600 mg per serving
- Also delivers a healthy dose of vitamin C
- Some customers said they needed to take up to six pills per day
- Taking collagen in powder form could be more efficient
- The shape of the medicines could make them challenging to swallow for some
Because leaky gut is such a broad condition, there’s no one-size-fits-all treatment. You should work with different supplements to figure out what helps treat your specific symptoms. Additionally, you may want to figure out which products provide immediate, short-term relief, and which products offer long-term assistance by working them into your daily regimen.
While I believe all of the supplements on this list are part of a comprehensive leaky gut treatment plan, I think the best supplement for leaky gut is the Phillips’ Colon Health Daily Probiotic. I liked that this product offered four-in-one symptom relief, which is ideal for those suffering from leaky gut syndrome.