If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best supplements for getting ripped is then I’d recommend Burn-XT Thermogenic Fat Burner as the best one.
You’re eating right. Your rigorous exercise routine is impeccable. You don’t miss a day. For some reason, you’re just not getting the chiseled look you desire. It may be time to step up your routine with a little help. Supplements could be just what you need to transition from satisfactorily svelte to downright ripped.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Supplements
- The Best Supplements for Getting Ripped
- The Bottom Line on Supplements
Getting Started with Supplements
Supplements are an excellent choice for people desiring more than their diet and exercise regimens can deliver. Many products on the market claim to be the best supplements for getting ripped, but several fall short or outright fail. Learning how supplements work, what ingredients to look for, and how to use them correctly can cut through the marketing noise.
How Supplements Work
Science has been instrumental in creating compounds to support fat burning and muscle development. Modern supplements work using one of three methods – appetite suppression, thermogenesis, or by blocking nutrient absorption.
- Appetite suppression involves regulating hormones that trigger you to overeat or by addressing the neurotransmitters that control your mood.
- Thermogenesis refers to heat production in the body. Supplements that utilize this process increase your body’s temperature to raise your metabolic rate and burn fat.
- Blocking nutrient absorption is a third method that inhibits your body’s ability to absorb fats and carbs. Carb and fat blocking supplements can have side effects, so you should consult with a physician before using them.
Supplements are combinations of ingredients that encourage your body to react in specific ways. For example, in appetite suppressants, the active ingredient(s) would trigger your hormones or neurotransmitters to react in a specific way. To make a supplement work for you, you need to understand how the active ingredients are meant to affect your body.
Finding Ingredients That Work
Since there are different ways to build muscle and reduce fat, supplements combine different ingredients to create the desired reaction in your body. Breaking down the list of ingredients in a supplement is your best bet for making the right choice for you.
A stimulant found in more than 60 plants, caffeine increased adrenaline, reduces appetite, and boosts metabolism. Caffeine is noted to increase strength and endurance during athletic activity.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Unroasted coffee beans contain loads of antioxidants and beneficial compounds, including caffeine and chlorogenic acid. In conjunction with the caffeine benefits, green coffee bean extract can reduce body weight and improve fat-burning hormones.
Green Tea Extract
Green tea contains caffeine and EGCG that both have thermogenic effects. In addition to the benefits of caffeine, the EGCG compound slows the breakdown of adrenaline, so its effects are stronger.
One of the most critical elements of gaining muscle is protein intake. You need to take in more protein than your body breaks down to gain muscle. The three most common types of protein supplements are whey, casein, and soy.
This strength-boosting supplement enhances muscle mass and improves endurance. Since it improves muscle strength, creatine improves performance during athletic activity and encourages more substantial gains over time. Creatine also increases the amount of water in muscle cells to promote growth.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids
A group of three amino acids, known as Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs), causes muscle growth and boosts insulin release. The three amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) should be taken four times per day.
For increased strength and muscle endurance, add beta-alanine into your pre-workout and post-workout regimen. Take it with breakfast on your rest days.
Beta-hydroxy Beta-methyl butyrate
Commonly known as HMB, it’s a molecule produced as your body processes leucine. HMB is instrumental in reducing the breakdown of muscle protein. It’s beneficial for people getting started with an exercise routine or those ratcheting up the intensity of their workout.
Since arginine causes blood vessels to dilate, it allows more blood, oxygen, and nutrients into the muscles.
How to Use Supplements Correctly
It’s essential to follow the instructions on the packaging, but for the best results, you’ll usually take one in the morning, one before working out, and another before bed. You may have to choose different products to use at different times of day to see the most significant gains.
Another critical aspect of building muscle is a healthy, complete diet and proper exercise routine. Supplements are useless if you’re not eating a balanced diet with enough calories and nutrients to support your exercise routine. Likewise, if you don’t give your body rest and perform exercises correctly, you won’t make gains.
Some supplements include additional vitamins and minerals, but not all of them. To ensure you’re bridging all of the gaps in your intake, you may want to incorporate a multivitamin into your daily routine.
The Best Supplements for Getting Ripped
After extensive research, I’ve narrowed the field to just five products.
Intended for athletes and extremely active people, L-Arginine promotes lean muscle development and helps you build strength. This product is meant to improve blood flow, boost energy levels, and reduce recovery time.
Havasu Nutrition’s Extra Strength L-Arginine works because the stacked Arginine compounds convert to Nitric Oxide to improve circulation. Increased blood flow carries more oxygen to your brain, muscles, and other organs so you can make more significant gains faster.
Pricing is decent with this product compared to other products, and there is a 60-day money-back guarantee. The company also reports a third-party facility tests its product.
- Give you an awesome edge for cardio workouts
- Noticeable boost in blood flow and overall body temperature
- You only have to take two capsules per day with a meal
- Big energy kick that lasts all day without the jitters or crash
- No preservatives, chemicals, artificial ingredients, or added sugars
- The taste is a bit of a turnoff, and I needed to take it with something to wash out the aftertaste
- Some people have reported having headaches or heartburn after using this product
Created by Old School Labs, Vintage Burn Fat Burner is routinely mentioned as a thermogenic weight loss supplement for men and women. This product makes the list because it preserves muscle, improves focus, increases mood, and offers an energy boost.
Combining ingredients like green tea extract, garcinia cambogia, and raspberry ketones, Vintage Burn targets fat in the most stubborn areas while preserving your muscle mass. There are no artificial substances or preservatives and the product is tested by a third-party.
Due to the caffeine content, it is important to test your tolerance. The company recommends starting with one pill taken twice per day with meals for the first few days. After you’ve established tolerance, you can take two capsules together with a meal.
- Non-GMO, vegetarian, keto-friendly, and gluten-free
- Despite the caffeine content, no noticeable jitters or crashes
- Notice results within a few weeks (losing inches from the waist means bye-bye belly fat)
- Improves energy levels and mood
- Many users note having better control over their eating habits
- You have to work yourself up to taking two pills at a time with your meal.
- Some users reported headaches and difficulty adjusting to the pills.
Also relying on thermogenesis, Trans4orm targets fat while preserving muscle. This is the only powder supplement on the list. It needs to be mixed with water and can be taken in the morning or afternoon.
This product relies on a blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to deliver results. They are transparent with labeling and don’t use “proprietary compounds” to disguise or hide ingredients.
- Effective and results are noticeable fast
- Excellent flavor options that don’t taste artificial (try the Blue Raz!)
- Transparency is key! They list all ingredients on the label
- To prolong the energy boost, you can sip it throughout the morning.
- Can only be used for eight weeks at a time with a four-week break between
- Contains some artificial flavors and colors
Burn-XT uses thermogenesis and appetite suppression to burn fat, increase energy, preserve muscle mass, and improve mood. This American-manufactured supplement contains no fillers, preservatives, or food dyes and works for men and women.
This particular blend uses green tea extract and Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL as active ingredients. Combined with caffeine, Capsimax cayenne pepper extract, and Bioperine black pepper fruit extract, the blend improves absorption of nutrients, curbs cravings, and boosts your energy.
Like other supplements, it’s suggested that you work your way up to two capsules at a time. Start with one capsule in the morning with breakfast and then another four to six hours later with food. Be sure to follow a balanced diet with a lot of fruits and vegetables to help manage stomach upset and ensure you’re getting all the necessary nutrients.
- Targets stubborn fat and suppresses appetite (say good-bye to food cravings!)
- Several users reported noticeable results within a week
- Improved mental focus and sharpness
- Manufactured in America
- It can take time to build up a digestive tolerance to the capsules.
- A few users noted no effect whatsoever.
This supplement stands out from the others because, unlike many of the supplements marketed as muscle-building, this one is intended for men and women. Many of the “muscle-building” supplements tend to be targeted toward men while the “fat-burning” supplements are marketed more toward women. This product bucks that trend, and it delivers.
Build-XT is intended to promote muscle growth, strength, power, and endurance. This supplement involves taking two pills about an hour before you work out. You should also take two pills on the morning of your rest days. The main ingredients are PeakO2, ElevATP, and AstraGin.
- You only need to take two capsules per day
- This blend doesn’t upset your stomach
- Doesn’t leave you with jitters like others on the market
- It contains no fillers or dyes.
- This product also contains one of the BCAAs, leucine.
- You’ll probably need to combine with other supplements to see best results
- Some people may experience allergic reactions to the mushrooms and herbal ingredients
The Bottom Line on Supplements
Each supplement on this list stands out from the rest of the pack, but only one can be named the best supplement for getting ripped. Considering the active ingredients and overall effects, one product stood out from the rest.
The winner is Burn-XT Thermogenic Fat Burner. Blending appetite suppression and thermogenesis to target fat without losing muscle mass makes this product a favorite at an affordable price. Factoring in the energy bump and improved mental acuity, this product edges out the rest.
Remember, no supplement is a magic pill to make you ripped overnight. Maintaining a healthy exercise routine and following a complete, balanced diet is the most important step toward getting ripped.